Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Coolest Things (Ponderances).

Sometimes I don't know what to write here. It's not like it has to be perfect. I don't write a draft and then edit and type it. I just sit down and type at the moment. If there's anything I want to say, then I'll say it.
An interesting thing that occured to me is how do mathematicians graph four or more dimensions? We can graph two, or three, or even four ( if you count time as the fourth). But anymore than that and you can't even imagine. What's the use then? Physicists constantly deal with these higher dimensions. And one theory says that gravity is so weak because it leaks into other dimensions. It spreads itself out. This is a lot like listening to a guitar when your standing right next to it, and then walking away. As you go farther, the sound diminishes and is eventually so weak that you can't hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment